Thursday, December 16, 2010

AMAZING UNDERWATER MUSEUM

I was browsing the web and came across something very, very fascinating- an underwater museum with 400 life size sculptures at the bottom of the sea in Cancun, Mexico. The sculptures have been created by a British artist, Jason deCaires Taylor and are cast from real people that the artist chose from all walks of life and age groups.
The most amazing part is that the sculptures are created from special cement that does not harm marine life and actually aids them by serving as artificial reefs to promote and protect the diversity of marine life. I love that Jason is creating works of art but is also doing his bit for the preservation of the environment. It is truly amazing and wonderfully inspiring and I love his sculptures.
The sculptures look so real and the best part of this project is that every time a person visits this underwater museum it will be like a totally new experience since the marine life and various other elements of the sea will constantly keep changing the sculptures. I cannot wait to go there. Another place to add to my never ending list of ‘places to visit’.

1 comment:

spoovaya said...

I'd love to see this although I don't know how well I'd be able to do this underwater thing! :-D