Wednesday, September 1, 2010

JOGGING

This particular word has haunted me for the past four and a half years. I think about it often enough, and try to will myself to start but for some reason, I just have not been able to. The funny part is five years ago, when I was still in school I was a long distance runner and we used to run a couple of kilometers every single day and I loved it. Now for some reason I am so very lazy. Funnily enough I think about exercise at least once a day, it plagues my thoughts and I dream about starting some form of exercise or the other and I dream on about how I would go jogging every single day and I would be so,so very fit. In my head, I even plan my jogging outfit and think about putting on my nice jogging shoes and about how they would be so happy to be used after lying around for three years collecting dust. 
Once in a while, my guilty conscience bites me in the back and I take off the next day, jogging a very short distance until I stop, huffing and puffing and promising myself that the next couple of days will be better since my muscles wont be protesting as hard! And this continues for about a week, as I go around proclaiming very proudly to all my friends and family that I have finally started jogging. And then it fizzles out just as everyone around me thinks I am actually getting serious about my exercising. This has been going on for so many years now, that it has become a long-standing joke among my family and friends as soon as I get my jogging shoes out.
Hopefully, someday, I will start jogging and take it up seriously enough to do it everyday. Until then I just to bear with all the jokes that come my way the very second I mention the word 'jogging'.

No comments: